Sunday, 30 March 2014

March favourites 2014


Helllllo, remember me? So I've had a lot of deadlines in uni in the past two months so I've been a very bad blogger. But I'm back to blogging finally and I've really missed sharing all my favourite things with you.

Victoria Secret Love Spell fragrance mist
I bought a bottle of this a couple of summers ago, when the Victoria Secret store in London first opened and was obsessed with it. The scent is very sweet with Cherry Blossom and Peach, but I love it so much. I bought another bottle for quite cheap on Amazon and I will definitely be picking up a few more bottles of this and some other scents when I go to London next month. I love fragrance mists instead of perfume sometimes as its a lot lighter and fresher to spritz on after the shower and the staying power is pretty good. I've found people always ask me what I'm wearing when I wear this and tell me I smell like sweets!

Amazon Kindle & Book series- I heart.. by Lindsey Kelk
I love reading but I found myself having little time for it since starting uni as I have a pretty big reading list which completely put me off reading anything else. But over the past few months, I've picked up my kindle again and found myself completely obsessed with reading again. I bought I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk on my kindle and read it in two days because I was completely engrossed in it. The series is so easy to pick up and read, has gripping story lines and is so funny. I quickly bought all the rest of the series and finished it in about two weeks. I love reading light chick lit rather than watching the tv etc because its so relaxing before bed. If you're into chick-lit and haven't read this series yet- read it! I don't know why I didn't read it sooner- I'm now looking for a new series so if you have any recommendations for chick lit- send them my way please!

Benefit Hoola bronzer
As spring is finally here (albeit it's still freezing!) I've been enjoying bronzing my face up a little. This bronzer is the perfect shade for pale skinned girls as it isn't orange toned at all and is quite subtle, but can also be built up to a darker shade. It's matte so perfect for both contouring and bronzing the face up. It's also really pigmented so it will last forever like many of the Benefit boxed powders!

ELF High Definition Under-eye Setting Powder
I love this powder for setting most parts of my face as well as the under-eye area as it's really finely milled and quite brightening as it has very fine shimmer reflects. It doesn't make you look like a disco ball, it's really not that noticeable but it just brightens up the under-eye area and anywhere else you highlight. With it being a loose powder, I was expecting it to be ridiculously messy but it's not that bad as long as you're careful and use quite a small brush with it. I like using the Real Techniques Contour brush with it as its perfect for powdering smaller areas like around the nose and under-eyes. I'm pretty sure this is really cheap as it's from ELF so if you're after a powder similar to the Bourjouis Java Rice powder, give this a try!

Tanya Burr lip gloss in Aurora
I haven't worn anything else on my lips since I bought this in the end of January! It is literally the perfect everyday lip gloss shade as it goes with every make-up look, it isn't too pink or too bright- it's just so flattering on every skin tone. I love love love this shade and formula and I love the shade names of Tanya's lip glosses- how cute!

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
This concealer is literally perfect. Its really pigmented so you don't need a lot of it at all, it's not cakey and gives a natural finish on the skin. Usually concealers that aren't matte leave my skin tacky or rub off really easily but this lasts really long on the skin. It's really hard for me to find a concealer that isn't cakey or doesn't break up after an hours wear! I like how natural this looks on the skin but gives just the right amount of coverage- I would say its probably medium coverage. I've really been enjoying using this with a lighter coverage foundation like Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum or Nars Tinted Moisturiser.

Stila Convertible Colour in Lillium
I couldn't not mention this cream blush as I think this may be my favourite of all time. The formula is perfect- not too sticky, not chalky, natural finish, stays in place almost all day. The shade of this blush is stunning- a muted rosey pink shade that looks so so natural on the skin. I love wearing this on natural make-up days as it looks like a subtle flush on the cheeks but I also love wearing it with heavier make-up as it doesn't detract the attention away from the eyes or lips. It's very subtle but can be built up for a stronger flush of colour- but the shade itself is inoffensive- very pretty and natural looking. I will definitely be repurchasing this when this eventually runs out- which I'm pretty sure will be never because you only need the tiniest amount.

Morrocan Oil
As my hair has gone through quite a lot of bleach and heat appliances, it is in need of TLC. I love using oils in my hair but I definitely felt like I was missing out by not trying the infamous Morrocan Oil. After a chat with a few girls on twitter, I decided to order a mini bottle just in case I didn't like it. I can't even describe how nice this has made my hair already. I bought it in January as I have noticed such a difference in the condition and feel of my hair. I'm glad I bought a small bottle as I can take this away with me on holiday. But I will be buying the big bottle when this runs out. I use a tiny amount through the lengths of my hair when dry if I've curled my hair or let it dry naturally as it gives it so much shine and softness. I always use it before blow drying- I only use a tiny amount though as a little goes a long way so this bottle will last forever. This seriously is amazing stuff and is definitely much better than the high street imitations!

I feel like the post was very long and rambly so pat on the back if you actually read it all! What are your favourites this month?:)

1 comment:

  1. The NARS concealer seems really great as almost everyone is talking about it haha, do you know how much it costs ? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx