Thursday, 6 March 2014

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan review



Hello! Even though I'm a major milk bottle and love feeling bronzed, tanning to me just requires way too much effort. I would love to be one of those girls that has perfectly applied fake tan constantly but I am way too lazy for that. All that scrubbing, applying, ruining the sheets, ending up with patches, orange hands and fingers (guilty of this every time) and it fading off patchy just leaves me feeling defeated every time. I was a fan of Xen Tan Dark Lotion for quite some time but for £24 a bottle and I didn't really feel like it lasted on my skin for very long, so I've been on the hunt for a new tan.

I've seen Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan by Marissa Carter pop up on quite a few blogs recently and at only £7.99 a bottle I decided to give it a go. What I love the most about this tan is the application. It's a mousse formula which blends really easily and when applied with the tanning mitt (which I purchased for really cheap from Primark) you can achieve a smooth, even application really easily. Both the fake tan and the mitt are available for the same price in Primark as well as Feel Unique which I think is really great as it is quite readily available. The mitt retails for £2.99 and is of a good quality but I don't have any other fake tanning mitts to compare it to.. I didn't photograph it because quite frankly, it looks gross right now haha.

The main thing that attracted me to trying this tan was the claim that it develops in just an hour which sounds amazing. The tan does develop within an hour but if you want to achieve a deeper tan, which lasts longer it definitely needs to be left on for a bit longer. However, I applied it before bed and woke up with a really really deep tan as I am so pale, which although was worrying, I wasn't orange at all and it did calm down to a lovely natural colour once I washed off the guide colour. I think if you want to have a light bronzed glow then leaving it on for an hour would be fine, but if you want to be slightly darker, I would leave it on for 2-3 hours max.

Praise the lord, finally a tan that doesn't stink of mouldy biscuits or curry! The scent of the tan is pleasant and doesn't linger on the skin after the guide colour has been washed off which I really like. Although the tan is a mousse formula, I didn't find the tan drying at all which I have found with other mousse fake tans. I actually find the formula to be quite moisturising and it felt nice on the skin. According to the Feel Unique website it has 'vegetable derived DHA and No parabens' which is good to know if you have sensitive skin. Marissa Carter has brought out a few variations of tan in her Cocoa Brown range which include a Chocolate Whip moisturiser and Night & Day instant wash off tan which I am dying to try. I've seen Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan and the mitt from the range in Primark but not the rest of the range. However the full range is available on Feel Unique and is shipped worldwide.

I've inserted pictures of the tanning process and before & after shots as a reference of how deep the tan is on my skin tone (these haven't been edited at all apart from the size) I applied one coat and left it on for 3 hours before rinsing off the guide colour. Excuse my ghastly milk bottle legs :



Overall I do really enjoy using this tan as it really is simple to apply, develops pretty quickly and doesn't smell. The only downside I would say is that it is pretty difficult to remove- which leaves me red raw after scrubbing my poor arms for hours as it tends to go patchy on my wrists, elbows etc. after a while. I applied the tan on Friday evening and the tan only really started to go patchy and fade on Thursday so really, that is pretty good! If you're not a lazy so and so like me and actually look after your tan- i.e moisturise every night, don't have 1000 baths a week instead of showers then you will probably find the patchiness is minimal!

Have you tried any products from the Cocoa Brown range? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Ellie
x x x

1 comment:

  1. This tan looks amazing! May I also say your blog design is the prettiest I have ever seen :) I really love your blog, would you like to follow each other? If you do, please follow me and leave a comment on my blog so that I can follow you right back :) xx

    Eleanor Rose

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx