Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Building my MAC eyeshadow palette



After scouring YouTube videos and blogs for a glimpse of which eyeshadows were chosen to be placed in MAC eyeshadow palettes for months on end. I thought it was time I finally bought myself one. Even though I have been lusting after all of the Urban Decay Naked palettes for ages I thought that creating my own MAC palette would be much nicer. By creating your own palettes, you have the freedom to put in any colours you chose, in any order arrangement making your palette personal to you which I really like the idea of. Of course if you're a bit of an eye shadow noob like me it can be confusing trying to find colours which go nicely together. But that's nothing a bit of looking on YouTube tutorials and scouring a few blog posts can't sort out.

Now onto the palette.. When I first bought the empty palette and the insert I purchased four shades and decided that I would gradually build it up by buying one a month and asking for one or two for birthdays and christmas.

The eyeshadows currently in my palette are (left-right)
Nylon- Frost finish. Pale gold almost cream with an icy shimmer. Amazing as an inner corner highlight
Naked Lunch- Pinky shimmery champagne shade. MAC describes it as "minimal pink with shimmer"
All That Glitters- Shimmery beige champagne shade with "gold pearl" my favourite for all over the lid everyday look
Amber Lights- Warm toned gold with copper/orange undertones. Shimmery- almost looks like foiled effect on the lid
Bronze- Golden bronze with gold shimmer
Woodwinked- Described as an "antique gold". Warm gold with warm copper tones.
Satin Taupe- taupe with silver shimmer. Lovely in the crease with Naked Lunch or All That Glitters
Omega- matte muted beige taupe shade. Perfect for blonde/light brown eyebrows. Lovely lighter shade for the crease

As I have blue eyes a lot of my picks are aimed towards suiting those- Amber Lights, Woodwinked and Bronze particularly make blue eyes really stand out. I can't really chose a favourite out of the palette because I literally love every single one. I would say though that I would like to try and find how to use Amber Lights properly because it's such a gorgeous shade but it is very different to anything I've usually used.

As expected, all the shades are amazing quality and are incredibly pigmented and easy to blend. I can't wait to have a full palette they are just so beautiful! Next on my list are- Carbon, Smut, Wedge, Concrete, Cranberry, Mulch and Swiss Chocolate

Have you created your own MAC eyeshadow pallette? I would love to know what shades you have chosen

8 comments:

  1. I love the look of Amber Lights, but unfortunately it doesn't suit my skintone, it's a bit too orange. I do love Satin Taupe though and Nylon makes a beautiful inner corner shade :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame :( they are lovely shades and so versatile!
      xx

      Delete
  2. You got some great shades xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shades - love all that glitters and woodwinked x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful aren't they? I get the most use out of those two x

      Delete
  4. I would love to create a mac palette love the shades you have very neutral x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend creating one it is soo worth it!x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx