Sunday, 27 October 2013

The little life update: My 19th birthday


I really need to get a blogging schedule because finding the time to blog is really difficult at the moment! Luckily for me, I have a reading week next week so I will have some time to write up lots of posts to schedule for the next few weeks. On Thursday, it was my 19th birthday which meant lots of shopping, yummy food and spending time with my favourite people. I went to an amazing little tea room in my local village which has recently opened and fell in love. The whole place is covered in little Cath Kidston style decor from bunting to tea cups and saucers- it is so lovely. I'm actually going to write a post on it which should be up in the next few days. They also had snails, cats and bird shaped salt and pepper shakers- I am sold.

I finally caved and bought a MAC Pro eyeshadow palette. My lovely best friend Hannah, who also has a blog here, gave me the little push I needed when she bought me Omega eyeshadow as well as spoiling me with lots of lovely presents. Clearly having a beauty blogger as your best friend pays off as I was spoilt with lots of lovely beauty bits! I also was lucky enough to have a Debenhams voucher off my Grandma so I spent a small fortune in MAC on Saturday. My mum almost fainted when she saw how much my bill came to haha. I've been doing a bit too much shopping lately so a spending ban might be on the cards gulp.

I've been looking for a coat for so long and finally found a lovely grey double breasted wool coat from Zara which was a bargain at £29.99 rather than the original price of around £50-£60. It's still on the website here and it comes in quite a few colours. I was stuck between the black and the grey and admittedly if my mother wasn't with me, I probably would have bought both *slaps wrist*. The amount of women in the shop hovering around this specific coat's stand trying on them all was insane. My mum picked up my size in every colour and ran to me which is lucky because there was only one of my size in each left- she's a good egg.

My lovely boyfriend treated me to a birthday breakfast in Frankie & Benny's and spoilt me with lots of lovely presents. Before my birthday he also gave me flowers after a horrible day at work but I completely forgot to put them in my last post oops. The beautifully wrapped pink and white present was from my boyfriend's mum who always every year without fail wraps all presents so beautifully it makes me jealous! My lovely mum and dad gave me Enrapture Extremity heated rollers for my birthday which I've wanted to try for so so long. I'm still trying to get the hang of them, but so far I love them.

I have to admit, I am a little bit obsessed with sweet potato wedges. They are so so easy to make and I love sprinkling them with lots of cajun spice, a little bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper then just shove them in the oven- easy peasy! I'm also addicted to Sweet and Salted popcorn at the moment, particularly Metcalfe's Skinny popcorn- tastes amaze!

A longer update than I imagined so congratulations if you got this far! As I have the weekend off work I'm going to have a very lazy Sunday in front of the fire with my mum's roast which I haven't had for way too long. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
love Ellie x

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Just wanted to comment and say I really love your blog :)
    Your photos are lovely - and you're so pretty!

    Much love,
    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com
    @JLouiseArtist

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx