Thursday, 5 September 2013

Unpopular opinion- NARS Sheer Glow foundation


























Hello! After months of consideration, I finally decided to part with my cash and splurge on a foundation that I've never read a negative review on and that every blogger seems to love. Unfortunately I'm really not fussed on it, at all! I honestly thought I would love it so I'm really disappointed!

For a foundation that is priced at £30.50, is by NARS which are an amazing brand and the fact that almost every blogger/youtuber has raved about it- it's safe to say my expectations were very high for this foundation. I don't even just dislike but can bare to wear it because I want to use it up- I genuinely don't like this to the point where I don't even want to put it on my face full stop!

I don't know whether my skin has changed or what it could be but I did get a tester of this foundation months ago and I used it all up because I really liked it. So when I was at the counter getting matched, I thought I would finally buy it after reading so many reviews. I really should have tried another tester, just to be sure but I didn't think to- stupid really! I despise bullet pointing but I'm a rambler and a ranter.. so basically what I hate about this foundation is-
  • Every time it is applied it's cakey. No matter how little I put on it just cakes on my face and looks gross
  • I have oily skin but it just seemed to pick up dry patches from nowhere and cling to them like nothing else I've tried! The sides of my nose, chin and forehead looked flakey and dry- which are my oiliest areas which I found so odd (lovely mental image I know..) 
  • I'm pretty sure it oxidises or something because I'll apply it and it will look fine colour wise and blended but after an hour or so it looks orange and patchy
  • my skin didn't look lovely, perfected and slightly glowy after application like I had seen on the likes of Tanya Burr and Beauty Crush in their videos. My skin looked dull, dry and pretty gross.
  • As it is medium coverage, I expected my blemishes to be covered slightly but they were just highlighted even further
  • At the price I paid and the brand that it is by, I expected much more!
One thing I've definitely learnt from blogging is that not every product works for everyone! I've seen so many people with NARS Sheer Glow on and their skin looks gorgeous. I thought it was how I was applying it but I tried it with my fingers and every different type of foundation brush I owned and I still ended up with the same result. How disappointing! I don't really enjoy writing negative reviews but if I guess they're just as helpful to readers as positive ones!

Have you tried NARS Sheer Glow? I'd love to know what your thoughts are!

7 comments:

  1. I agree that not every product works for the same person. I'm always buying blogger recommendations and sometimes they don't suit my skintone. So sad that you parted with quite a lot of money for it, but at least you know to avoid it in the future. Maybe put it in a future blog sale :)

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've wasted a lot of money doing so! That's what I was thinking too, I'll put it aside for a blog sale :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Ahh there's nothing worse when you're disappointed by a product you really think you're going to love, especially when it's expensive!
    Daisie Petals
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to try this! Instead I got the Dior skin. Now Im unsure if I will try it - I have dry skin - wonder why this didnt work for you? What a shame. Thanks for sharing!
    Erin x
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd pick up a sample if you're by a counter because you might like it! I'm unsure how it would work on dry skin as mine is oily and it made it look really dry :(
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Great review. I'm oily skinned too so glad to see this. I've often been tempted due to lots of great reviews! The quest for perfect skin continues. M xd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx