Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Little life update #4: Centre Parcs


Last weekend, my family and I decided to all take some time off from work and go to Centre Parcs in Longleat. These days it seems like everyone is always busy so it was really nice to actually spend some time together for once. With mobile phone signal and wireless opportunities at an all time low, we had no choice but to pay attention to each other for once! Being disconnected from the internet for a few days felt quite refreshing although the first thing I did when I got into the car was check twitter.. I think I have an addiction on my hands here!
It's such a rare occasion that my mum or Alex will come anywhere near me when I'm holding a camera so I had to make sure I captured the moment even if we are all looking a bit dishevelled after swimming and cycling loads! 
It's safe to say my thighs felt the burn of riding around everywhere and I am now exhausted! The last time I went to Centre Parcs I regretted not doing many activities so we tried to book lots this time. We played Badmintion, went swimming, played crazy golf amongst other things- leaving me crying for my bed pathetically by nine!
Of course I had to make sure we took full advantage of the Pancake House- we visited twice and I would have gone more if I had the chance! I had a Banoffee stack of pancakes- absolute heaven! We also went to the Indian restaurant which was incredible! Alex and I also devoured burgers at Hucks , the American restaurant which also did amazing jam jar cocktails!
As always, my niece was being super cute and forced Alex to watch Peppa Pig and nursery rhymes before she went to bed. I was picked as her favourite person for the holiday and she wouldn't go anywhere without me and called me her best friend constantly - my highlight of the holiday.
I also made a futile attempt at not wearing any make-up so I could give my poor skin a break as it is awful at the moment! I'm currently sitting with a face mask on praying it will clear up soon- Origins Super Spot Remover and Una Brenan clay masks= my best friends at the moment.

What have you been up to recently? Have you ever been to Centre Parcs?

Ellie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx