Wednesday, 3 July 2013

The holiday prep


Everyone's favourite kind of year has come around again, who doesn't love summer holidays? I'm lucky enough to be going on holiday tomorrow with my boyfriend for the first time ever so as you can imagine my excitement is sky high right now! One of my favourite parts of going on holiday (aside from actually being there of course) is prepping for going away. By holiday 'prep' I mean everything from jamming my case full of bikinis, shopping for sun cream, loading up my iPhone & Kindle and having a good ol' pamper the night before.

My boyfriend and I will be going to Lanzarote tomorrow afternoon so today has been firmly dedicated to holiday preparations. I'm writing up a few posts to schedule for the week ahead so my blog won't be completely lonely for a whole week. My kindle is being charged and filled with a dozen new books- there's something about reading in the sun which makes me very happy. My boyfriend is creating our holiday playlist right now as well- he's a good egg.

The best bit of the holiday prep is of course the mini(?!) pamper session that comes with it. This includes everything from washing my hair, giving my skin a good detox with a mask or two, painting my nails and giving my body a good scrub & moisturise. Having my nails painted for a whole week is going to feel like a luxury (yes I do realise how sad that sounds) as I'm not allowed to have them painted in work- sob :( Essie's Fear or Desire and Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens are my picks of choice. I just can't decide which one is going on my finger nails and toe nails. Oh life is hard..

I'm going to try to create a holiday lookbook when I return. However how this will turn out is a mystery to me as I'm yet to ever do an ootd post. I guess it will be easier with someone to take my photographs for me, we'll just have to see how it goes! I'm looking forward to some sun as I'm ridiculously pale right now so a healthy glowing tan would be amazing!

Do you enjoy the 'holiday prep' as much as I do? If you're off anywhere this summer, I hope you have a lovely time!

xxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh is that the Righteous Butter I spot there? Love that product, not as much as I love the REN Clay Cleanser though :D

    Hope you have a lovely holiday!

    Amy x
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that stuff too! You have very good taste ;)
      Thank you!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I have that nails inc polish and its one of my favs!ive been pondering whether to buy that Essie polish for a while!;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx