Friday, 14 June 2013

The current make-up favourites


























I feel as if my make-up has been in a bit of a rut these past few months so I've added a few new products to shake it up a bit. I'm liking a fuss free simple face more recently rather than fussing about with eyeliner and eyeshadow which is a bit of a faff most days. Here's what I've been loving recently..

Boujois Healthy Mix foundation to me has the perfect combination of radiant, dewy goodness whilst avoiding my face looking as if someone has thrown a bucket of water over it. My skin has been in a strange state at the moment, not particulaly spotty, dry or oily. I feel like this gives my skin a boost and covers my blemishes and redness whilst sitting nice on the skin. It is slightly too yellow toned for my skin but I can deal with that.

Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Primer is a new addition to my makeup and I'm still deciding whether it actually prolongs my foundation wear. I can definitely notice a difference to my oiler areas on my skin and my base goes on much smoother after I've applied this.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is the perfect little all rounder concealer if you haven't got a lot to cover. It's quite lightweight, moisturising and has a medium coverage. I love using this under my eyes (mixed with Bobbi Brown corrector) and on any areas of redness.

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray is my saviour for when I'm working my eleven hour Saturday shift. A few spritzes of this in combination with the Smashbox primer prevents my make-up from sliding and melting off my face until hometime. I like to think of these two little beauties as the lasting power dream team.

Benefit Hervana blush is the most gorgeous rosy pink ever and is so flattering. I feel like the shade brightens up my complexion instantly.

Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express mascara is still my mascara of choice at the moment. It lengthens and volumises my lashes like nothing else I have tried and does smudge all over my eyes like I find others do.

A recent purchase of mine is MAC lipstick in Speed Dial which is the perfect pink. The shade is a muted hot pink, not too bright for day but not your everyday pink lip. I think I may be addicted to this lipstick at the moment as it just goes with everything.


What are your make-up favourites at the moment?


5 comments:

  1. I need to try that version of the Bourjois foundation as so far I've only tried the serum which I adore.

    The Urban Decay spray is on my current wish list :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that foundation! This version is identical just a touch more coverage :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. i really want to try the bourjois healthy mix foundation, i'm currently loving the rimmel wake me up concealer too!xx

    vintage teapot//fashion beauty & life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a tester of the Urban Decay spray recently and it's now on my to buy list!:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I don't own any of these products, but I want them allllll! They all sound and look amazing. I really want to try the Photobox primer, it has such good reviews! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx