Tuesday, 23 April 2013

The lazy day face

When my day consists of running errands, a lesson or two and at the moment- a mountain of revision, I like to keep it simple. When I say lazy day, I'm not talking a day in my pjs watching films and eating my body weight in junk food- those days are strictly make-up free. This is my face for days when I get up and just lack the motivation to do a full face of make-up and want to keep it nice and simple..














So I start off with a light, dewy base- Boujois Healthy Mix Serum usually does the job nicely. Other bases I tend to reach for on days like this tend to be Dr Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I like a light base that can be blended into the skin quickly with my fingers for a fuss free simple base. To finish off the base I like to dab a bit of Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer on my under eye area to banish those pesky dark circles and I'll also dab it on any blemishes or redness.

On days like this I know I won't be wearing make-up for a really long period of time so I skip the powder as I find it only makes my skin look dull anyway. To perk up my skin I add a touch of pink blush to my cheeks with Dainty Doll 'You are my sunshine' being a firm favourite at the moment. It kind of reminds me of Nars Orgasm which I love. I skip the highlighter as the blush gives a touch of highlight in itself. I finish off the face with a little bit of Nars Laguna bronzer to warm my face up a bit as I'm still stupidly pale.#

I keep it super simple on the eyes with just some mascara- I'm still loving Maybelline The Rocket Volume mascara. For a fuss free lip to brighten up my complexion, I love to use one of the Revlon Lip Butters. My favourite shade at the moment is Juicy Papaya. I love these lipstick/balm hybrids as they are fuss-free and add a touch of colour without being over the top.

What make-up do you use for your fuss-free, lazy day face?

5 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the Healthy Mix Serum for my lighter make up days too!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? You can't really go wrong with it as it's so easy to apply :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love all of these products, though i still have to try the Boujois healthy mix, i really dont know what is taking me so long!

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try, it's a lovely foundation!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the Revlon lip butters, I really want to try juicy papaya! Nice blog, following :) xx

    daisie-petals.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx