Monday, 22 April 2013

Glossybox: April 2013 Pearl Lowe edition


































So this month's Glossy Box is definitely a good'un! Recently it seems like Glossy Box have gone off the radar  in the blogging world as the boxes seem to be a bit samey. But this month they have really upped their game and produced a really good box that has been getting plenty of good reviews. I was so impressed with this month's box, especially the packaging- how gorgeous is it??! I've already thrown away my battered gift box that stored my nail polishes and replaced it with this gorgeous box so it's on show in my bedroom. Now on to the goodies that were inside:

A-Derma Intense Repair lip treatment balm (full size)- I was really pleased to see this in here as I'm always on the hunt for new lip balms. I haven't actually ever heard of this brand before but so far I'm impressed. The consistency is quite similar to Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour cream but maybe a little less tacky. It provides a protective film on the lips similar to Vaseline rather than giving a deep moisturise, which means it is perfect for on the go or under lipstick as it sinks in really quickly.

Sleek blush in Flamingo- I love a good pink blush so it was really nice to have this in my box. To be honest, it seems like the boxes have been full of skincare recently so a blush was a nice addition. The shade is a very bright pink and is really lovely with amazing pigmentation. Sleek make-up is really lovely quality (I love the contour kit!) and before this I hadn't got round to picking up a blush so I'm looking forward to trying this out. The size of the sample is really generous also as it is so pigmented you only need a tiny amount.

Nip + Fab Mango Smoothie Dry Skin Fix body butter- Although I really wanted the pistachio scent of this after seeing it in other people's boxes, I'm really glad I had this scent as it's gorgeous. This will be a perfect body butter to take away with me on holiday as the size is ideal and the scent is really summery and fresh.

Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple eau de Parfum- This little bottle is sooo cute! I haven't heard much about this brand before but the scent smells okay. It isn't really the scent I tend to go for usually. I like really sweet and light fragrances whereas this is quite mature. I might see if my Mum likes it, but it might be too heavy for her too as she is similar to me in her scent preferences. The miniature bottle is much better than a tiny vinyl sample though.

Essie polish in Flawless (full size)- This is definitely my favourite item out of the box! I was soo excited when I saw people opening their boxes to find Essie polishes in them. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't getting my hopes up because last month people received Nails Inc polishes and I didn't which was disappointing. I was hoping for the shade 'Cute as a Button' but I actually prefer this shade. It reminds me of the same sort of pink shade as Rimmel Apocolips in Celestial, like a rosy muted pink- which I love. I'm glad I didn't get Sugar Daddy as I already have a few shades which are very similar to it. 

Overall I'm really impressed with this month's Glossy box. Let's hope that next month will be just as good as this one. What did you get in your Glossy box this month?

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a good box, I wish this was one of the boxes from last year before I unsubscribed :(
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's such a shame! Did you find the boxes not very good last year? This is only my second box so far
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of this box, seen it on so many blogs and I want it! I'm definitely considering a subscription.

    http://alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people say it's not worth the money but when you look at this box it definitely is. The contents of this month's box is well over £10!
      xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx