Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Glossybox: March 2013 'City chic' edition


So after a lot of consideration, I finally took the plunge and ordered my first ever Glossybox. Although I don't love every product in here, I'm still so pleased that I finally did it as I love the concept of getting a new box of treats each month. My first box was the March box. Obviously this isn't going to be the first post out there that shows the contents of this box but I thought it would be a nice idea to give my opinion on each product that I received..




What's inside?

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free
Personally, I was really pleased to see this in here as I have never ever tried this product. A lot of people were quite disappointed as they already own it but I think regardless if you own it it's one of those products that is perfect in a mini version for your handbag. I love using this on my lips as they are quite chapped at the moment but I'm yet to try it anywhere else as it is quite thick and gloopy.

L'occitane En Provence Brightening Hand Care SPF15
I neglect my hands quite a lot if I am honest so seeing this in here is a god send. With me not being too bothered about hand creams etc as I usually forget, a mini size of this hand cream is perfect as I can just throw it in my bag. As far as hand creams go, it's pretty good. I don't really have a 'criteria' for hand cream to be honest other than it not feeling greasy. The full size of this is £19 for 75ml, I wouldn't ever spend that on a hand cream but it's nice to try it out.

Renu Flash Relax Mask
As far as  I'm aware, this is an anti-aging mask to reduce fine lines and wrinkles... As I'm only eighteen I don't think I'll be having either of those popping up on my face any time soon. Therefore I gave this quite generous sized sample to my mum and I will report back. I can 100% tell you that my mum will definitely not be spending £32 for the full 100ml version though as she would have a heart attack haha.

Pearlys Weekly Teeth-Brighten Powder
This has to be the most interesting out of all the products in this month's box. I'm yet to try it out but I do want to. I don't know why but I'm quite wary of using whitening products on my teeth in case it harms them in some way... I think it's because I've heard a lot of whitening treatments make your teeth very sensitive which I would hate. I might give this little kit a go soon but I might give it to someone else to try first as I'm a scaredy cat haha.

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush
I'm not sure what this shade is called but it's a lovely true red shade. The formula of this reminds me a lot of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains which I love. I was actually after buying the red one of the Revlon JBKBS so this came just at the right time. It's a lovely formulation and shade but it doesn't have as much as a 'stain' effect as the JBKBS as it is more of a lip stick in a stick if that makes sense... Either way it is lovely and I'm enjoying using it.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed as I saw that a few people received Nails Inc polishes in their box and I didn't but that's the luck of the draw I guess. As the theme of this month's box was city chic, a little black booklet of places to visit came in the box which I thought was a nice touch.

Do you have a beauty box subscription? I'd love to know what you received this month.

7 comments:

  1. i got glossybox this time last year and have to say the whole thing left me a little disappointed. i wish they would give everyone the same thing that way nobody is left out. like the nails inc should have been given to everyone :/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It is really irritating when you see some people getting some amazing things and you feel like you're just getting the shitty ones :/Im going to try it for 3 months and see how I feel xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh loved my jelly pong pong lip stick the red was such a nice colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of subscribing to a Beauty Box service and I am thinking Glossy Box! ((: I like what amount of products you get for the price! The Jelly Pong Pong lipstick looks lovely! <3

    I am having an International Giveaway on my blog and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win Chanel lipstick and some Maybelline Goodies! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had a lovely little read of your blog and love it! I'm always so tempted to sign up to a beauty box but then I read posts like this where people are disappointed and it seems so hit and miss that I never do. Love the sound of the hand cream though :) I'm terrible at looking after my poor hands so this would be perfect for me!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I know what you mean, I was like that for quite a while. But after a while I just caved haha!
      xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx