Thursday, 14 February 2013

What's in my make-up bag? #1


I thought that this would be a nice feature on here as it shows what products I'm loving this week as I'm always changing up things in my make-up bag.


Before applying my base products, I use a thin layer of Good Things Face The Day SPF15 moisturiser. This is quite heavily scented, so I was unsure whether it would agree with my skin. But it has no nasty ingredients and is a perfect base for make-up.


Base- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in Vanilla : I'm loving mixing this with Revlon ColorStay in Buff. I find Revlon Colorstay makes my skin look clear but slightly dull so I love making it look more awake by adding Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, which is quite low, dewy coverage alone.
Dr Jart Waterfuse BB Cream: There's something about this that just makes my skin glow and feel amazing. The coverage is low so I love buffing this in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush which creates a natural base with minimum redness. I do find that my redness is covered with this, but I use Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer on blemishes and Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer under my eyes for extra coverage. I found that Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer broke me out terribly when I wore it on spots, however on my under eyes it's lovely and brightening.

Face- Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light will always be a staple in my make-up bag. The soft texture and non-muddy shade makes contouring my pale skin a breeze. I've had this for so long and it doesn't look as if it's going anywhere any time soon. I'm still loving Rimmel Blush in Santa Rose. It's just the most gorgeous inoffensive shade ever. It just brings a natural flush to the cheeks whilst still looking subtle. I love using this when I'm doing heavy eye or lip make-up as it just compliments them amazingly without looking too much. 

Eyes- I'm still loving HD Brows in Bombshell, I just use one shade and brush through my brows with ELF's Concealer Brush. For an everyday eye look, I'm really liking sweeping Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze all over the lid with my fingers for a easy wash of colour. I'm still using Loreal Volume Million Lashes mascara in Black/Brown but I'm after a new mascara so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What's in your make-up bag at the moment? I'd love to know what products you're loving this week.

4 comments:

  1. I love the rimmel blush as well, it's gorgeous:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has quickly become my favourite blush!x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Wake Me Up Concealer, I love the foundation! I have the sleek contour kit back in my everyday routine now and I'm ashamed of myself that I ever strayed from it haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a fan of the foundation at all but I love the concealer! Haha, it is such a lovely contour shade xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx