Saturday, 2 February 2013

What I've been loving this month: January favourites

So this month I've discovered quite a few products which I didn't think would ever be included in one of my favourites posts. Every month, new make-up bits seem to dominate these posts so this month, it seems I've had a little bit of a shake up.


Before I get into the products, I just want to quickly apologise for the poor quality of my photograph. I can't find my memory card for my camera so my phone had to do the job for today, I'm afraid. Now enough of that, here are the products I haven't been able to put down this month:

No7 Revitalising Hand Saviour:
I received this, along with other No7 goodies, as a Christmas present from my best friend. I'm going to be honest and say, I neglect my poor little hands way too often. This is essentially a hand scrub but it is packed with salt crystals and I'm sure it has some sort of oil in it as it softens hands so well. You squeeze a tiny amount into dry hands and massage it in, then rinse off with warm water. When the water meets the product, it turns into a lovely liquid that makes your hands feel baby soft.

Dr Jart Water Fuse BB Cream:
This could be classed as a cheat considering I only bought it around two weeks ago. But I had to include it as I have not touched a different base since. I have fallen in love with this little beauty. A pea-sized amount buffed in with my buffing brush creates such a even base that I feel like I don't need any more make-up. I will be doing a full review, which should be up tomorrow so I won't babble for too long about it. But I honestly think it might be holy grail material- yeah I said it!

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask:
I've had this mask forever and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. It's a dark green, clay mask that does wonders for my skin. When my skin is feeling either really oily or I have a lot of spots, I whack this on my face (not literally, that would probably result in injury..) , buff it off with the sponge that it came with or a muslin cloth and my skin feels instantly boosted. I feel like my skin has had a real deep cleanse after using this.

Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner:I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on my blog before. Perhaps, it is because I've been using it for so long, I don't really think to mention it?.. Regardless of that, I honestly don't think I could get a brush through my hair unless I have sprayed this on first. My hair is ridiculously knotty and tangled and after washing. Regardless of what conditioner I have used, it's a pain in the ass to brush through. This softens my hair and makes brushing so much easier. Not to mention that it smells absolutely gorgeous too!

No7 nail polish in Fox Glove:
This is another gem that was in my No7 gift set that I received for Christmas. In my eyes, this is one of the most gorgeous nail polish shades that I currently own. I don't have anything else like it in my collection. For my nails, I love deep reds, purples and black, especially around Autumn/Winter. This shade is just the perfect shade of purple, not too dark, not too pinky. When this cute little bottle runs out I will definitely be picking up the full size.

Rimmel blush in Santa Rose:
I know I have mentioned this before in another favourites post but it really is all I've been wearing this month. This month I've been into quite natural looking make-up. This is a really inoffensive blush colour, especially if you have a dramatic lip or eye look going on. It gives your cheeks a tiny pop of colour but it doesn't ever look too much.

Barry M lip gloss in shade 11:
I'm not a lip gloss fan at all usually. I usually wear a lipstick or just a slick on lip balm so getting a lot of use out of this surprised me. The main thing I hate about lip gloss in general is the fact that the are so sticky. This is the least sticky lip gloss that I have ever used. It just feels creamy and smooth when I rub my lips together, rather than sticky and tacky. The shade is gorgeous, it's just a peachy pink colour that comes off quite sheer on the lips. When I'm doing just an everyday make-up, applying this just pulls the whole look together and it doesn't look too dramatic. The shades seem to be different on the Barry M website and the Boots websites so if you're after this colour, make sure you look carefully because the name might have been changed.

So there goes another month that has flown by once again! What were our favourite products this month? Let me know in the comments :) I'm going to be posting every other week day and twice every weekend on here now so keep popping on for a few new reads if you're interested. I hope you have a lovely weekend and I'll be back with another post tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Love this post and the no7 fox glove nail varnish is a gorgeous colour!

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) oh it's such a beautiful colour isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. This is really weird but I have religiously used Aussie products all my life, but I've never heard of the leave in conditioner :') I just love the smell of all the products! ALSO I want to try that Liz Earle mask sooo sooo bad! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely, I haven't heard anyone mention it really! I just saw it in Boots and picked it up on a whim! They smell gorgeous don't they? Definitely give it a go, it's amazing:) xxx

      Delete
  3. i wanna try that BB cream so much!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try, you can get samples for free on their facebook page :)
      xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx