Monday, 18 February 2013

my top 5 lipsticks

L-R: MAC 'Angel', Topshop 'Mischief', Max Factor 'Bewitching Coral', Revlon JBKBS 'Crush', Rimmel '107'


Hello ladies, Happy Monday! Today, I thought I'd start my 'top 5' product series.
It took quite a while to choose which colours to feature in this post as I have quite a big collection of lipstick and I like to change up my lip colour most days. I finally narrowed it down to the shades that in my eyes, are fool proof.

MAC 'Angel': I love this shade for when I'm just going to sixth form and want something subtle or when I have quite dramatic eye make-up on. It's a soft pink shade that I would say looks lovely on almost every skin tone. I find many nude lipsticks wash me out as I'm quite pale but as this is a pinky-nude I love it. I wrote a full review on this lipstick when I first started my blog, which you can read here.

Topshop 'Mischief': This is my favourite red lipstick that I own. I love wearing this on nights out or days when I feel like I need a bit of a pick me up as this makes me feel generally really perked up and nice. This is a classic red shade that compliments my skin tone nicely, unlike many red shades that make me look too pale. The formula is beautiful and it really is a dream to apply. I have a full review, which you can read here.

Max Factor 'Bewitching Coral': This shade is very similar to MAC's 'Impassioned', although slightly less neon-looking. I actually prefer the formula and shade of this one. It's a gorgeous shade for summer months and it looks gorgeous with a bit of a healthy glowing tan. Full review/comparison of Impassioned & Bewitching Coral here.

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Crush: I love wearing this to sixth form and every day as it is a lovely plumy shade that I feel comfortable enough to wear in the day as it's quite sheer. That being said, it can be build up to quite an opaque colour which is equally as lovely. I want to get a few more of these as I love how they wear on the lips.

Rimmel Kate lipstick in 107: When I first bought this, I didn't think I would ever wear it as it is not a shade I thought I could pull off. However, I've actually grown to really love this shade. I think it looks nice against my skin tone and isn't as 'in your face' dark lip colour as I thought. I wear this on days where I'm going somewhere nice or shopping rather than to sixth form- I'm not that confident in it just yet haha. Here's an fotd where I am wearing it so you can see it in action. You can also read my full review here.

L-R: MAC Angel, Max Factor Betwitching Coral, Revlon JBKBS Crush, Rimmel 107
p.s for a better swatch of Max Factor's Bewitching coral read my review here.
I'm always picking up new lipsticks to add to my collection so I'd love to know your favourites whether they are drugstore or high end.

21 comments:

  1. I love the max factor bewitching coral shade! xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The topshop one is such an amazing colour xxx
    Coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, it suits everyone as well :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the Revlon one! Really into stains at the minute.

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're so easy to wear all day!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Nice photos!
    your blog is very lovely and interesting.
    please visit my blog! <3 keep in touch!
    http://polkaadolka.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the revlon stain, I'm always wearing the same one. It's also so so perfect for school because you don't have to think about reapplying it loads.
    xxx

    http://just-a-teenage-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the look of that revlon stain. i've been looking for a plum colour that's sheer enough to wear during the day :)

    Rachel's Journal

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own and love Topshop Mischief too, it's my all time favourite. Revlon Cherish looks super pretty too! Nice blog btw, I just came across it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liking the different shades of your lippies x

    http://shuikaybb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have angel and love it xx

    mac lippy giveaway :: 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your picks! <3 I am a complete sucker for red lippy!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: A Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have a couple of those and love them! stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Angel! The last two are awesome though! I need to get my hand on them. You should try out MAC Russian Red..or London Life (if you can get your hands on that I think it was LE) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love them all especially that one in the very middle! I need to wear lipstick more often! So happy to have stumbled upon your blog!! It's adorable!! AANNDDD I'm your newest follower hey hey hey!

    Xo, Kelsey Belle

    www.happiereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to get my hands on Angel - what a pretty pink. Crush looks gorgeous as well, really trendy autumnal colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love the look of the Max Factor Lipstick :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    xxx

    http://just-a-teenage-heart.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! This post could not be written any better! Reading
    through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to
    him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!


    my webpage :: Methadone Clinic In

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx