Thursday, 6 December 2012

I ♥ drugstore/high street make-up tag


I love the idea of this tag. Who doesn't love a good high street bargain every now and then? I haven't seen many UK bloggers and vloggers do this tag so I to tag everyone to do this!


1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?
I don't really have one brand that I buy all my products from. I tend to go to Revlon for lip products, Bourjois for foundation and Maybelline for mascara.

2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
I couldn't find a foundation that I can call 'holy grail' from the drug store, I mean I've tried plenty that I've liked but not enough to call it my favourite. My favourite face product is Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer. Unlike all the other lower end concealers that I have tried, it has more of a yellow tone rather than pink which counteracts the redish tones so much better. It's also not at all drying unlike the cult favourite collection 200 lasting perfection, which does not work for me at all sadly! My favourite drugstore lip products have to be the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I have two shades- Lovesick and Crush, with Crush being my current favourite due to it's Autumn/Winter shade. They are so long wearing and comfortable to wear whilst being extremely hydrating and pigmented. I may have cheated a little with the cheek products *slaps wrist*. My two favourites are Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light and 17 Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze. The contour kit, is so gorgeous. The formula is buttery soft, pigmented enough but not harshly. The shade is perfect to contour my pale complexion, it does not come across muddy at all. The highlight is also a lovely shade too. 17 Shimmer Bricks are an obvious dupe of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. The shades on their own or mixed together are simply gorgeous as a highlight across the cheekbones and brow bone.

3. Least favorite product?
My least favourite has to be the cult favourite, Loreal Rouge Caress in Fashionista Pink. Anyone that has this shade will 100% understand my gripe with this product. Don't get me wrong, I have another shade which I absolutely love (04 Rose for reference). It's just the colour has no pay off at all. When I say none at all, I really do mean nothing. I would have swatched it beforehand but my lovely Mother picked it up for me for a treat and didn't swatch. It's just a pointless, colourless lipstick that will sit in the back of my drawer as it has no use what so ever. It's so disappointing as the other shades are stunning.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?
The best make-up bargain has to be MUA's clear mascara that I use as a brow gel. At £1 a pop you really cannot go wrong. I really do not understand why anyone forks out a lot of money for a clear brow gel as it's essentially a clear mascara. They get so grubby after a few weeks use due to foundation and brow powder etc. so for £1 you can afford to repurchase when it gets grubby. I will never ever buy another brow gel as long as I can get my hands on this little bargainous gem!

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
I would have to say Max Factor lipsticks, especially in the shade Bewitching Coral which I will pick over it's MAC dupe, Impassioned, simply because the formula is gorgeous. I haven't heard anything about these lipsticks and I'm really impressed with the one I have so I'll definitely be picking up a few more shades.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
I think Revlon Colour Stay foundation is quite overpriced simply because it's around £12 so a good £4 higher than the other drug store foundations and it didn't really impress me more than any others that I have tried.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
MAC Impassioned- Max Factor Bewitching Coral blogpost comparing and reviewing each here
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks- 17 Shimmer Brick

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
It definitely has to be the Maybelline 24hour gloss tint I think they are called, they are supposed to be dupes of the YSL Glossy Stains. This has to be the worst lip stain I have ever used. After a matter of 15 minutes of wear, it flakes out on my lips, settles into dry patches and makes that 'ring' of product around the inside of your lips (if you know what I mean? I can't explain it properly!). My lips dried out like no other, to the point that they actually felt extremely tight and looked almost wrinkly- what a beautiful picture I'm painting for you! My lips aren't even that dry, which makes me wonder what ingredients are used?...

I'd love to know your favourite/worst drugstore products. I tag you all so leave your link in the comments for me to have a read if you have done a post or just leave me a comment letting me know your answers!

7 comments:

  1. I love drugstore make-up too, my faves are Revlon Colour Stay and Max Factor's False Lash Effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have a bargain in between every occasional splurge isn't it. I love that mascara too

      Delete
  2. I love that 17 blusher, i love how it makes my skin glow :)x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUA stuff is brilliant and you're right, at £1 a pop - what more can you ask for?! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for when you're craving a beauty purchase and doesn't leave you feeling incredibly guilty for spending a fortune haha! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx