Saturday, 17 November 2012

My current beauty favourites

As I'm never up to date with the monthly favourites posts and my make-up doesn't usually change dramatically every month, I thought I'd just show a few of my current favourites..
A lot of new things have entered my current make-up routine, which is unusual as I usually stick to the things I like for quite a while.

Base-

I have quite a few base bits that are new in my current favourites..

Laura Mercier Tinted MoisturiserI bought this a few weeks ago and I have actually fallen head over heels in love with it. I went for this over Laura Mercier Silk Creme, as I've been trying to improve my skin and coming to the realisation that the 'less is more' approach on my skin looks much better on me. This is everything that I have wanted in a base. A full review will be coming very soon!

Maybelline Cover StickI have been on the quest for the perfect concealer for a very long time. I am yet to find the 'perfect' concealer, if that even exists. But this comes pretty close. I hadn't seen or heard about this until Tanya Burr mentioned it in one of her videos and as I am willing to try any concealer that I can get my hands on, I thought I'd give it a go. It's a really lovely formula and I am quite impressed so far. A full review is coming soon!

Topshop highlight powder in Sun Beam
I did a full review of this here, so I won't babble on for too long, I promise! But I haven't been able to put this down since I bought it. It just gives the nicest glow ever which is essential when my skin is looking quite dull due to the weather.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder
There isn't much to say about this powder other than it really does do the job. I tend to get a bit shiny down the centre of my face so I just lightly dust this using a small blush brush. It sets my make-up well without caking on the face if I'm heavy handed. A full review is coming soon.

Rimmel Fix and Perfect primer
This leaves my skin with a lovely smooth base which makes applying my foundation a dream. I didn't realise how much I loved this until I forgot to apply it and my make-up didn't go on very well at all. I'm unsure to whether it makes my make-up stay put for a considerable amount of time, but regardless, it smooths out my skin in preparation for foundation and hydrates my dry areas.

Benefit Hervana blush
I have just posted a review of this, which you can find here. I am in love with this blusher. It gives me the perfect rosy pink cheek which I love in winter as it contrasts with my pale complexion.

Eyes-

Recently, I've been going for a really simple eye look that lasts all day and night..


Maybelline Volume Million Lashes mascara
This is my all time favourite mascara. I've tried so many mascaras but always end up going back to this. I tend to usually buy a mascara that is on offer in Boots when my current runs out, so I haven't really used this in quite a while. It's just the easiest mascara to use and I find it gives the best results out of all in the drug store. I bought it in brown rather than black as I think it suits my eye colour better and looks slightly more natural. A full review will be up soon.

Maybelline Colour 24hr Tattoo eye shadow in 'On and On Bronze'
This is the most gorgeous shade for all over the lid. I literally just put this on my eyes with my finger, apply mascara and that is my eye make-up done. It is so quick and simple but also lasts all day on my eyes which is amazing as eye shadow creases so badly on my oily eye lids, boo! I'm thinking of getting a few more of these in different colours! A full review will be up soon.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Eyeliner in Nude
I'm not 100% sure that I have the correct shade name, but regardless it is the only nude colour eye liner in the collection so you will find it. I love popping this little beauty on my waterline if I'm looking a bit tired and I'm looking bright eyed and bushy tailed in no time! It lasts a good few hours before it needs touching up but with it being the first drug store nude eyeliner, it's pretty darn good!

Brushes


Elf studio Concealer Brush
After a little incident with my hd brows palette (the black shade smashed so I tried to empty the remains into the sink forgetting the brush was in there which fell down the plug hole, sob:( ) I was left on my birthday of all days, with one eye brow filled in! After a frantic search in my brushes to find a brush to fill in my other eye brow, I found this little beauty. I disregarded this as a concealer brush as I find my fingers better. I absolutely love this brush for my eye brows. It is so precise and easy to use. It's so cheap and does the job amazingly, I won't be sobbing about my long lost brow brush any more.

Real Techniques Blush brushMy best friend gave me this for my birthday- she knows me too well! I absolutely love this, as well as all the other brushes of the collection that I own. It is so soft and applies blush so beautifully. I could write an essay on how much I love this brush.

I'm sorry this post has been so long. What are your beauty favourites at the moment? I'd love for you to let me know :)

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I really like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser - I revisit it every now and again when I want an amazing wow glow look. Like the sound of the primer.. Will need to give this a try.. I'm currently using Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer... It's just amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so in love with it at the moment! It's the perfect base for a 'good skin day'. I really want to try the Hourglass primer sooo bad :( xx

      Delete
  2. I used to really dislike the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer when I first got it. I don't know why. I think my skin has changed because I've been using it a lot lately and I really like it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a long time for me to get used to it as I was used to heavier coverage, but I love it now xx

      Delete
  3. I've been loving the Nude Rimmel eye pencil too! Makes me look abit more awake on a Monday morning! :P xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx