Monday, 1 October 2012

What I've been loving this month:September Favourites


My blog seems to have a taken a bit of a back seat recently because I've been up to my eye balls with school work but I'm going to try and get back into writing regularly again now. I found it quite hard to choose my favourite of this month as I've been trying out quite a few unloved products from my drawers- shopping my stash post to follow. I've been attempting to do a spending ban on myself and apart from a little slip up (models own sale I'm looking at you), all is going well. So here's the few products that I have been enjoying using this month..


Benefit Watts Up highlighter- I reviewed this recently here. I am completely in love with this highlighter. Over the past few months I have grown to be obsessed with highlighter. With me being a bit lazy in the mornings, I tended to skip highlighter altogether but now I've realised the difference it makes to your appearance. This is the highlight that I've been reaching for everyday. I'm on the search for another highlight to add to my collection, any suggestions?

Rimmel London blush in Santa Rose- After seeing Tanya Burr use this blush in a few of her tutorials I couldn't resist picking this up. It's a gorgeous shade that has amazing staying power. I bought this from Boots and it is quickly becoming one of my favourite blushes.

elf lipstick in Rich Raspberry- I bought this shade a while back when I bought Nostalgic and Flirtatious, post here. I have to say I was really disapointed when it arrived as it looked nothing like the swatch on the elf website. At the time I was a fan of bright pinks and would have shied away from a darker slightly plum coloured lip. Obviously tastes change and after recently trying this, I have fallen in love with it. The formula is lovely and the colour is beautiful. The shade is a raspberry red shade which is perfect for Autumn and Winter. If you're going to buy from elf, I recommend you search online for swatches on blogs rather than looking on their website as I find their website's swatches quite inaccurate.

Left to right- elf lipstick in Rich Raspberry- Rimmel blush in Santa Rose- Benefit Watts Up




Boots essentials moisture lotion- I always tend to go back to this moisturiser when my skin is playing up. Recently I've come to the sad realisation that if I use scented moisturisers, my skin breaks out. This moisturiser is definitely cheap and cheerful. It's completely unscented, lightweight and sinks in beautifully deeming it perfect for a make-up base. I believe this is around the £2 mark from Boots, maybe even cheaper.

Botanics Rose Water Toning Spritz- This month I've loved spraying this on my face after cleansing and sometimes throughout the day to freshen my make-up up. I love the scent to this as it's quite subtle unlike other face mists and it feels light and fresh on the skin.


Herbel Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Cream- This little beauty has been the saviour to my hair for months. I don't know why I haven't mentioned it before but it deserves it's own full review soon. The smell of this is gorgeous and it leaves my locks feeling and looking healthy and silky- what's not to love?

Maybelline Gel eye liner and MAC 209 eye liner brush- This combination makes eye liner a dream to apply. The formulation of the eye liner puts all other high end offerings to shame. This could easily be mistaken for an extremely high end product. The formula is so creamy, long lasting and opaque. The brush makes application so simple. I found the brush that came with the eye liner useless for getting a fine line, the MAC one is much more application-friendly. I bought this brush off eBay for the bargain price of £5. I'm not sure whether it is a dupe or the real thing, it must be a dupe due to the price. Whether it is real or not, I don't care as it's amazing quality as are the other brushes that I purchased from the same seller. Here's the links to the brushes I bought- MAC 239 and free MAC 275  and MAC 209.

What products have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @diggingdaisies

5 comments:

  1. I really, really need to buy the Benefit highlighter. I'm such a huge fan of Benefit, and illuminating products too. My favourites are Benefit Sun Beam, Benefit High Beam (dupe here) and the Topshop powder highlighters. The swatches of the Rimmel blush and the ELF lipstick are both gorgeous, think you may have convinced me to purchase them ;)

    I've just done my September favourites post if you fancied a look :) autumnleaves-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so gorgeous and I have a feeling it's going to last ages! I really love high beam too, I really need to try sunbeam and the topshop highlighters! Sorry to be your enabler but I promise you won't regret either purchase hehe :) I'll have a read now lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Great products, I love Herbal Essences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel blush its gorgeous!X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cherry- me too it's quickly becoming my favourite hair care brand x

    @Emily- it's soo pretty!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx