Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 16

Almost a year ago, Rimmel London released a collection of lipsticks inspired by their top model, Kate Moss. I noticed recently that they have added a few more shades- these shades have pink writing on the packaging rather than the original red. Quite a few of the shades caught my eye but I decided to go for number 16.


This isn't going to be a rave review as I'm not really loving these lipsticks, but for some reason I can't really put my finger on what it is I don't like about them. The lipsticks are quite heavily scented as most drugstore/high street lipsticks tend to be, but that doesn't really bother me. But the scent leaves quite an odd taste in your mouth even if you don't lick your lips, which I found quite strange.

I absolutely love the shade of this lipstick, it's in between the pale pinks and bright pinks that I own. It is quite vibrant but it isn't too 'in your face' to pull off. I think this shade will look pretty on most skin tones. I don't really own many lipsticks similar to this shade which I like. As it's a high street lipstick, I didn't really expect it to be very long lasting as the more expensive alternatives. However, this did last on my lips quite a while, as I found it kind of stained them.


At first application, I felt that they kind of slide off your lips, and rub off onto things quite easily. Such as my hand knocked my lips and it transferred quite a lot. As I said these kind of stain your lips, which makes the brighter shades in this range quite long lasting. I'm not sure how long the lighter shades will last. Also this does settle into lines and dry patches so if you're going to use this lipstick, exfoliation and lip balm before hand is a must!

Have you tried any of the lipsticks in the Kate collection? What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I have not tried any yet, I have only seen the red colours but I really like yours, love the peachy/pink shade x

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely on these. I bought a few as I've really liked other Rimmel lip products but these just missed the mark for me. The shade looks lovely on your skin tone though! Lovely blog :) xx

    Maisyetc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kim- it's a lovely shade but really disappointed with the formulation,boo!xxx

    @Maisy Grey Bennett- Same, I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason these really did not do it for me! Thankyou :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect natural color! Really like it:)

    http://fashiiones.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo lovely colour

    http://loveofcloth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Just discovered your blog, after search Kate Moss Rimmel on Google and I really like it. Good mix of different posts. Really enjoyable!
    Thanks for providing something great to read and learn from. :)
    X
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx