Sunday, 19 August 2012

Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Backcomb In A Bottle

Backcomb In A Bottle is hairspray-like spray that can create the effect of backcombing without the single swipe of a teasing comb.
Umberto Giannini describe the product as "the must-have product to achieve full on glamour and up-dos without wrecking your hair with backcombing.' It is also said to 'provide instant miracle volume and sexy texture'.

With a description as intriguing as this, I couldn't wait to give this a try. I purchased this quite a while ago as part as a 3 for 2 offer in Boots, along with two other Umberto Giannini products. (Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly and Smoothy Curls Anti-Frizz Serum, in case you were wondering). The 200ml bottle retails at £5.61 in Boots stores, prices may vary in other stockists. You can also purchase mini cans of this, which I received in a Christmas gift set.

I don't regularly backcomb my hair but I noticed that as my hair grows longer, it tends to look flatter -this is where this product sprung to my mind. I can't even remember trying this more than once after purchasing it, it seemed to get pushed aside to sit unloved in my drawer. 

I believe that this product had quite a big hype surrounding it back at the time of it's release, however unfortunately I was really disappointed with it. I found it didn't give me any volume at all and just made my hair look full of product as fell ridiculously hard to touch. Once I buy a product and find that it doesn't really work for me, as I spent money on that product I like to keep   perseveringwith it, to see if I can make it work. However, this just really does not work for me at all. I lifted up the top part of my hair and sprayed it in lightly as directed, then put the layer of hair down and scrunched it upwards with my fingers. My hair felt stiff, crunchy, heavy, full of product and worst of all- it still looked just as flat as it did before, if not flatter. The area that it had been applied to also felt extremely matted and knotted. 
Overall, this product is a big dissappointment for me and it will forever be collecting dust at the back of my drawer.

Have you tried this product? If so, what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Was considering buying this for my thin hair but glad I seen this post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, totally not worth the money!x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx