Sunday, 5 August 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in 'Lovesick'

I know that I'm pretty late on the band wagon with this little beauty but with me being a little sceptical of lip stains after not enjoying them in the past, I decided to do a lot of research (blog reading) before purchasing one. After the likes of Essiebutton and Fleur de force raving about them I decided to pick up one at my next trip to Boots.

After a swatching session I decided to pick up the shade 'Lovesick'. It was inevitable really as it was the shade I had been lusting over after seeing swatches online and being obsessed with pink lips it was my favourite shade out of the bunch.

As I said earlier, I haven't had the best experience with lip stains in the past. A couple of months back I bought two lip marker stains (one by Max Factor and the other Maybelline, I believe) and I just hated them. They clung to any dry patches- I don't even have dry lips. But what was worse is that they completely fade off the lips but stick in a line around where your inside and outside of your lips meet. They looked absolutely awful. I also tried another Maybelline stain- 'Super stay 10hr tint gloss', which actually had pretty good reviews so naturally, I picked one up to try. Unfortunately I found the same thing that happened with the other stains- boo.

Anyway onto the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stains- AMAZING. I love it. It glides on your lips like a dream, I would say that the balm overlay lasts about 2-3 hours if you're eating/drinking. But the stain (which wasn't at all drying or clingy by the way!!) lasts for hours. I put it on at 3pm and by the time I was going to bed at 1am it was still standing strong! The colour is beautiful as well. I think I might purchase the red toned shade as I find a red lip easier to wear in tint form rather than lipstick, personally. They are so simple to apply, I found myself not needed a mirror.

Here is the balm stain in 'Lovesick' after just being applied:
note- please excuse the ridiculously messy hair.

Overall, I absolutely adore the way these last, feel and look on the lips and I think I will definitely be purchasing a few more shades. The only downfall in my eyes is the lack of shades, I believe the US get 12 shades but the UK only have 7 out of the 12 shades.

Have you tried the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stains? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love love love these lipstains. They are so handy to have in your bag & so easy to apply. I have two Cherish & Lovesick. They are both so nice. Lovesick looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I definitely need to buy a few more shades. Thank you very much:)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx