Tuesday, 17 July 2012

First post- Daily make-up.


Daily make-up.

I'm new to blogging so please bear with me. Here is my current daily make-up routine with a mini review of each product:

  • Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser. I like this moisturiser because it's light on the skin. I feel as if most moisturisers are too heavy for my skin and cause me to break out in my t-zone. This is light enough but moisturising enough on my dryer areas for a make-up base.
  • MAC Face and Body foundation. I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. At times it can make my skin look amazing- glowing, natural and subtle coverage. Although sometimes it can make my t-zone incredibly oily and slip off my skin like nothing else. I find if I use the Simple moisturiser (as mentioned above), it works like a dream. Heavier moisturisers seem to create a oily, slippery mess of this foundation. However, I love the glowy, natural effect this foundation gives my skin. I apply this with my fingers and blend with my MAC 130 once I have applied concealer.
  • Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I had this given to me in a swap over Make-up alley. I have enjoyed using this but I don't think it really lived up to 'the hype'. It is a reasonably good product and I have no real complaints, it does the job. But, I am yet to find a concealer that really really like.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I have really enjoyed using this powder. I just dust lightly over my t-zone to combat oily-ness that my MAC Face and Body tends to give if left un-powdered. It reduces the oily look really well and I have nothing but good things to say about it. A light hand must be used as with all powders, too much can look cakey and not very natural looking at all.
  • Benefit Coralista. I absolutely adore this blusher. I received it off my lovely Mother on Christmas day and I haven't gone a day without using it since. A whole seven months later and although I have hit pan, I still have a long while to go before this runs out. It is amazingly pigmented, the colour is beautiful- it brightens up my skin tone whether I am pale or tanned and unlike most blushers I have used in the past, it is impossible to cake. I have always found blushers to either go cakey or look too chalky on my skin- high end or not, but this really does just glide on beautifully and stays put all day. Whether it is applied sheer or built up for a bigger pop of colour, this is my all time favourite blusher and it would take a lot to replace it.
  • Benefit High beam. I got this in a mini sample size when purchasing a magazine (I can't recall which one, I'm sure it was one of my favourites- Glamour or Company). I got this quite a few months ago and I'm yet to buy the full size as it still hasn't ran out. I really love dabbing this across the top of my cheek bones and my tear duct if applying an eye shadow look. The only downfall it has for me is that way too much product comes off on the brush which can be kind of annoying but other than that it is a lovely product.
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector. Admittedly, when I first had this given to me (my cousin passed on a lot of make-up that she doesn't use to me), I didn't like it at all. I think what put me off was that I didn't really know what to do with it. I tried putting it on my under eye area and it just seemed to cake and crease. But with a bit of research I discovered that the correct way to apply was to warm it up a little with my finger then with my ring finger lightly dab under my under eye area. This corrector has now become a vital part of my make-up routine and I feel that I look extremely tired without it.
  • Carmex Cherry SPF15 Lip Balm pot. I absolutely adore this lip balm. It keeps my lips moisturised for hours and the tingly feeling on my lips makes me feel extremely refreshed. This works perfectly underneath slightly drying lipsticks/lip stains. 
  • MAC Angel lipstick. The colour and finish of this lipstick is beautiful. What originally attracted me to this lipstick was the colour, on the lips it is the most easy to wear pink shade. I've also heard that it is Miss Kim Kardashian's favourite lipstick? Maybe that won me over too. It doesn't last as long as my other MAC lipstick, Impassioned as that is an Amplified finish and Angel is a Frost. However this is my daily go-to lipstick as I adore the shade.
*Disclaimer- All products were purchased with my own money and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read & comment on my blog. I reply to every single one, so make sure you check back xxx